Tuesday, November 29, 2011

One Track Mind

My mommy's coming! I haven't seen my mother for 2 years. That's insane! Well, we were supposed to go visit her for Christmas last year, but being the consummate losers that we are, couldn't save the money in time. So, it's not her fault it has been so long.
(OK, I have been stressing over this for months...am I using it's and its correctly?)
But she and her (boyfriend? I think they use "partner", but that carries a different connnotation in the US...), Errol are coming to visit, arriving in Atlanta this coming weekend. Why is there no "happy dance" emoticon? MySpace, you have failed me.
They will be here for my 29th (yes, the very first 29th) birthday, and I get to have four whole days off from work in a row that weekend. That'll be like a damned vacation. So, I'm excited, woohoo, yee-haw, hot-doggit, dadgummit, yippee, wooha! I like my mom. A lot.
However, as I look around, I am discovering that maybe I've become a teensy-eensy, tiny bit of a slob. My mom already knows this. Confession alert: I used to make my bed (only when it was demanded, by the way) over my laundry that I didn't want to put away. Now, I just don't make my bed. I also have inherited the awesome trait of being a pack-rat from my Granny. So, there's some work to be done. Even though she knows (not to mention, subscribes to my blog), I wanna throw some crap away, and it's just not good hospitality to ask someone to sleep in a bed that utilizes Avon boxes for a headboard.
OK...so...I'm doing housework and beyond for the two days I have off this week. I just wanted to let you guys know what was up. I do have a real blog in the works. This just ain't it.
Oh, and I submitted my WalMart blog for a blogging contest. I don't know that I am loving that decision now that I've made it. I have a fragile ego.
AND!!! My friend from school, Genna, is trying out for American Idol in Birmingham today! Please, cross your fingers, pray, or whatever you do for luck, and send good vibes her way. Chick got pipes. Go, Genna...Go, Genna!
Random thoughts:
-I need razor blades.
-My comforter isn't as soft as it used to be.
-CNN never reports on any of the things I want to know about. I think I may prefer MSNBC. No...definitely Jon Stewart.
-William Shatner mostly didn't look amused. And do you have to be 500 years old to be in the Friar's Club? Jason Alexander is so hot.
-I have nothing to read. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment